two weeks ago, was our last night as a 3.5-some

Zachary Sebastian

and the next day we became a 4.5-some (i’m counting pickles as a .5 member of our family)

the past two weeks have been a crazy time for us all.  nathaniel, to put it mildly, has a TON of energy.  he is, after all, 31 months old.  attempting to keep up with him on a regular day is a surefire way to napville.

adding in a newborn who doesn’t quite understand the concept of day/night just makes it more interesting.

since julia was just ever so slightly beyond her due date her doctors decided it was time to induce.  what can i say, zachary wasn’t even born yet, but he was already taking after his father.  after a scheduling snafu to get induced on thursday, it was set up for monday the 19th.

not going to toss back this fish

we called in the morning to find out what time we were supposed to arrive, and the woman at the hospital said ‘um, now.’

after rushing through our normal morning of getting nathaniel ready for daycare, we loaded up the car and headed on our way.  we dropped off the old one on our way to meet the new one.

after the always fun process of hospital paperwork, we were set up in a room for the process to begin.

i won’t bore you with the details of the day, but it was a lot of uncomfortable followed up by way more uncomfortable, followed up by a baby.

finally meeting baby pepe

after the baby was born and julia was settled in for a little bit of a rest, i left to go home and get nathaniel.  after he ate, we went back to the hospital so the two brothers could meet out in the world.

nathaniel was very excited, although we’re not sure if he understood fully that this was baby pepe that was in mommy’s belly up until a few hours before.  he did, however, tell us the baby was ‘cute’ and ‘real little’ about a thousand times.

julia’s parent’s took nathaniel home so i could spend some more time with the baby (i suppose also my wife).

we came home from the hospital on wednesday.  pickles was happy to meet the baby (not really) and when i picked nathaniel up at daycare he was super excited that mommy was finally back home.

oh, i guess i should say zachary was 8lbs 11 oz and 20.5″ long (born at 2:34pm for those in the pool)

anyway, after a few days of getting all of our schedules as in sync as they would be for now (probably forever) everything is starting to feel normal around here again.

zachary is sleeping most of the night.  he’ll wake up once around 2 or 2:30 and then go back to sleep until around 5.  actually, this could totally be me making things up due to not getting up with the baby, but i’m pretty sure that’s how it’s been.  truth be told, i wake up with the baby.  i’ll change a diaper and get julia a bottle of water or something before i get right back into bed.

nathaniel has had his sleep schedule messed up a little bit, because on occasion, zachary will wake him up.  it hasn’t been so bad, he’ll usually go right back to sleep, often in bed with me.  but the two boys are sharing the room nicely.  granted, the first night or two with the crib zachary HATED the wide-openness so he’d wake right up and freak out.  by the end of the week he was ok with it, and that’s where we are now.

it's just like at the zoo!


that's my baby brother!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: